Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Now that I'm working full-time, it's much harder to get errands done during the week. Luckily today I didn't work until 1 p.m., which gave me time to run out to Target with the girls. Ryan and I are low on cash, so we're only getting necessities until we get paid on Friday. Diapers and formula are necessities.


Anyway, I got myself showered and ready while having a "girl party" in the bathroom with Adeline and Sofia. Sofia's words, not mine. Any time it's the three of us, she says we're having a "girl party." After getting everyone else ready and bundled up, with minimal yelling at Sofia, we were off to the wonderful land of Target. Here's the thing, though. Sofia has gotten so used to getting a small toy or candy whenever we go anywhere that she freaks out if you don't do it. I know, bad parenting 101. Most of the time we let her get something small, like a gumball. Today, for instance, she wanted fake fingernails. Umm...no. Then she wanted some little $2.99 light-up toy. Okay, that one's fine. Then I saw 99 cent candy. That had Toy Story on it. I got her to trade the more expensive item for the cheaper one. Sucker! (Just kidding.)


So, after spending a lovely 20 minutes in Target we went to Panera for lunch. Panera always reminds me of when I used to go there when Sofia was only a few months old. Lunch was surprisingly easy and fun. Sofia was well-behaved, which she usually is at resternauts (her word, not mine). I enjoy spending time with the two of them and to be honest, it's really not as hard as I thought it would be.


No comments: