Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lately we've been a little off putting Sofia to bed. When I was on maternity leave, we let her stay up later because I knew I wasn't going anywhere and she didn't have to get up at a certain time. Now, with my schedule change, we've been trying to put her to sleep earlier but some nights it just doesn't work that way. The other night I came home from work at 9 p.m. and she was still awake. Finally around 10 p.m. I told her it was time for bed, led her to her room, and tucked her in. I returned to the couch to veg and watch t.v. As I was sitting there, I thought I kept hearing a noise. When I turned the t.v. to mute, it was silent. But as I sat, I continued to hear it. After a little while I decided to investigate. I went to Sofia's room and what did I find? Sofia, laying in her bed, drawing on the wall with a blue crayon. All over the wall. Blue crayon. To say I was a little upset would be an understatement. What get's me is I know she's only 4, but she knows better. I know she knows better. She knows she knows better. So why oh why was she drawing on the wall? It could be that she has Ryan's artistic talents and was just expressing herself. Or (and this is the most likely answer) she was pissed at me for making her go to bed. Let's just say, Saturday we will learn just how well Magic Eraser's take crayon marks off the wall (per my Mom's suggestion).

No comments: