Monday, January 24, 2011

This has been a long, crazy last couple of months. Looking back I really wished I would have kept up with this blog, but I just didn't have the time. Can you blame me? I will admit that when everyone said, "The second child is nothing like the first!" they were right. Here I was scoffing behind their backs, but they were right. Where Sofia was sleeping through the night by 2 and a half months, Adeline is still getting up anywhere from 2 to 3 times. Adeline and I had the worst time trying to breastfeed the first month or so. It was horrible. So horrible I cried for three weeks straight. We've got it worked out now, better late than never.

Other differences this time around also include: I got help for my post-partum depression. They put me on Zoloft which has changed my life. I mean that in a good way. I don't feel ashamed that I had to get help - it has made me a much nicer person. I also started working full-time a couple of weeks ago. I switched buildings and work with different people, but I really like it so far. I miss being around my kids, and I admit that I feel like Adeline is getting the short end of the stick because I was around for Sofia at that age, but it's better for everyone. I'm happier, which makes me look forward to coming home and seeing everyone.

I'm excited to start posting again, especially after going back through some of my older posts. We'll see if I can keep it up!

No comments: