Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Frenzy


I'm not even going to try and pretend that I've been keeping up with this blog. If I wanted to, I could write a bunch of posts and backdate them, but to be honest I'm too lazy. Besides, things haven't been all that exciting around here. So, instead I'll just jump ahead and talk about things that are current.


Snow...all of this freakin snow. Don't get me wrong, if it's going to be cold and winter, then bring on the snow. However, heavy snow + 2-year-old = major cabin fever. I've been feeling really guilty with the amount of t.v. that Sofia has been watching this past week because, frankly, I can't get out of the house. Plus, I started classes last week so I'm trying really hard to keep up with everything which results in lots and lots of Dora. I wish I was one of those craft moms who does arts and crafts with their kids, has the t.v. off all day, and bakes. Unfortunately, as much as I wish that was me, but it's not. Instead I have days like yesterday where I'm trying to make lunch, cut up veggies and brown a roast to put in the crock pot, have the kitchen sink back up and start to leak, and have Sofia climbing all over me. Nope, no Betty Crocker here. Instead, maintenance never showed up, I had a kitchen sink that could not be used, and my crock pot dinner kind of sucked. Well, at least work was called off and I got a snow day - which to be honest isn't much different than any other day.


Have you heard enough bitching for one day? You haven't? Oh great, because my car's Check Engine light also came on during my hour long drive back from my cancelled class on Tuesday night (that was after the two hour drive to said class, which I wasn't aware was cancelled.)


Okay, now I'm really done. Wow, I don't know what to write now. Sofia's been surprising Ryan and I with her new vocab. She's picking up shapes from who knows where - hearts, squares. It's really cool.


1 comment:

Mandy S. said...

She's probably picking up the new words and shapes from Dora. :)