Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

What a busy, busy Christmas! Santa came and brought lots of goodies for Sofia. She was up at 7:30 a.m. this morning, after going to bed at 11:30 p.m. last night. I went to bed a little later, so I didn't have a lot of sleep. The first thing Sofia said when she woke up was, "I want to open presents?" She really got into the spirit of things and loved all of her presents. Of course there were tons of Dora items - including a sheet and bed set from Chelsea, toys, and a Cabbage Patch doll from Mommy and Daddy. I know she's a little young, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give her the doll because it's the 25th anniversary. (Wow, has it really been that long?) She didn't get into the doll as much as I would have liked, but I wasn't surprised.

After presents with my Mom, Ken, and sisters, we packed everything up and headed out to my Dad's house. There we opened even more presents (and got lots of cool stuff) and had brunch. Sofia got a drum filled with musical instruments. As my dad said when she opened it, "Revenge." Sofia was playing the tamborine and recorder. She really had a chance to shine when Ryan, Chelsea, Logan and I played Guitar Hero. We were rocking (some more than others, I was on vocals and I feel sorry for everyone who had to listen.) I'll tell you what, that game is just as addicting as the Wii. Maybe there will be a Guitar Hero in my future? After spending a few hours there, we packed up all of the new presents, added them to the other presents and then headed off to our last destination, my aunt and uncle's house (my Mom's brother).

We ate lots of yummy food, watched Sofia be a spaz while playing with Sydney, and then opened more presents! Sofia really wanted to open presents, and I was astounded by how well she handled herself when other people got to open presents. I would have though that a lot of kids Sofia's age would whine or grab at other people's presents, but not Sofia. By 8:30 p.m., Ryan and I were practically falling asleep and we still had a two hour car ride back to Columbus. After packing up the car for the last time, saying our good-byes, we finally headed back out on the road. By the time we made it to Columbus, I was practically falling asleep behind the wheel. I was so tired that I completely missed our exit and had to turn around. All that stood between me and bed was the unloading of the car. I finally got to bed by midnight - only to wake up at 7:30 a.m. on Friday to get ready for work!

No comments: