Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve




This will be post-dated because I have been a big slacker blogging lately. Anyway, Christmas was fun. Ryan, Sofia and I drove down to Mt. Orab Christmas Eve. We only had one major hiccup along the way - Sofia decided to puke in the car for the second year in a row. It was gross, it smelled, and it was a bitch to clean up. Luckily we were only 15 minutes from our destination, so we didn't have to be around the nastiness too long. As soon as I got my cousin Stacy's house, we put Sofia's clothes in the washing machine along with the carseat cover. Instead of wearing her cute sparkly pants and top, Sofia wore her jammies. She still looked cute. Luckily the puke was from carsickness as opposed to her being sick. We ate lots of food and checked out all of the new little babies. Sofia had a blast chasing Sydney around the house, talking to people, eating, and playing. The best part of the evening was when Santa came to visit. Everyone piled down into the basement and sat around as Santa passed out presents to all the children. One thing that must be noted is that my dad's side of the family is huge. I've lost count how many cousins and second cousins I have. Anyway, Sofia had a long wait until her name was called. As she waited, she stood right next to Santa and kept saying, "I want a present too. Santa, I want a present please." It was funny, and a little sad, all at the same time. Finally Santa called her name and she went and sat on his lap (much to my surprise) and was happy the rest of the evening. After spending time here, we popped over to another cousin's house to visit with the rest of the family. By this time it was close to 10 p.m., but Sofia was still going strong. She got a big kick out of watching the kids play the Wii. She would yell and jump and generally cheer them on. By the time we left and got to my sister's place to spend the night, it was 11 p.m. and Sofia was STILL up! She sat for another half an hour while my sisters, mom, Ryan, and Ken all played the Wii. Needless to say, it was a long day and night - but totally worth it!


No comments: