Monday, August 6, 2007

A Trip to Mt. Orab

Sofia and I went down to Mt. Orab yesterday for my sister Jessica's baby shower. Sofia will have a cousin in a few weeks and I'm really excited to be an aunt! The baby shower was nice. It was all of my cousins and aunts, and of course Chelsea, Jessica and Nancy. A couple of my second cousins were there as well, and they absolutely loved Sofia. They wouldn't let her out of their sight! It was nice for me because I got a little break. I will say, I loved seeing all of the gifts Jessica got. After presents and cake, we went swimming. Sofia held up pretty well considering she only slept for about an hour and a half total the whole day. She was pretty cranky by the end of the day, and whenever I left her sight she would start screaming! It was so sad.

Today we had a little adventure on the drive home. My car was close to overheating, so I couldn't use the air conditioner, which sucked because it was about 95 degrees outside. I had to pull over at a gas station/travel plaza halfway home because I was too afraid to drive much longer. Sofia and I needed to get out of the heat anyway, so we cooled down with some water and some mac and cheese from Popeye's chicken. I felt so bad for her because I know she had to be hot, and I gave her a sippy cup of cold water once we started driving, but she got mad and threw it on the ground, and there was no way I could reach it. Thanks God we got home and the apartment has air conditioning. I must say, I hate August and I hate hot weather. Bring on fall!!

No comments: