Friday, August 10, 2007

Day Off

Arrg..Sofia wearing her pirate hat at the Library's Summer Reading Club party.
A picture of the family.


Today is my day off for the week, and I have no clue what I'm going to do. It's been so hot lately that I haven't gone anywhere this week except for the grocery store. Today has been the first slightly cooler day in over a week or so, so I'm definitely going to get out of the house. Ryan may be going to Wheeling tonight, so I was thinking of taking Sofia out to dinner. Our own little girl's night out or something. I love eating out. If I could afford it, I would do it all the time. There's just something so exciting about trying different foods without having to cook them yourself. Sofia likes to eat out as well because she loves the bustle of the retaurant atmosphere.





Speaking of Sofia, epecially since this blog is supposed to be about her, she has been an absolute gem the past week. I can't get over how good she's been. She's getting alot more involved with her playing. You can see the concentration on her face and the wheels turning in her brain. I hope this good humor lasts a while because I'm really enjoying it!


By the way, here's a couple of new things Sofia can now do: she can kick a ball, point at things (although most of the time we're not sure what she is pointing at, so if she points in the general direction of the t.v., I just start listing everything that is over there.), throw a ball, and she babbles all the time. Some of the words I think she may be trying to say include: kitty (ki ee), daddy (da ee), mommy (ma mae), and many more that I just can't figure out.
The cat's out of the bag!
I abolutely adore this picture. You can see Sofia's two little bottom teeth. And look at those cheeks! I just want to squeeze them.

No comments: