Saturday, August 11, 2007

Girls Night Out

I must say, Sofia and I had the best day together on Friday. After she got up from her nap and ate lunch, I packed everything up and we went to the mall. The first stop, the play area. We last maybe ten minutes before I decided it was too crowded. Instead we walked around for a little while and I ate lunch. After that, I decided to try the play area one more time. This time it wasn't quite as crowded and Sofia had a blast. She was walking around, crawling through a hollow log, climbing stairs and screeching at the top of her lungs. We must have played in there for close to an hour. We only had a couple of accidents, one involving a couple of kindergarteners running around and one of them elbowing Sofia in the head. It didn't phase her. After that, we went home so that Sofia could take a nap and we could say goodbye to Ryan. Ryan went to Wheeling to visit some friends. Once Sofia woke up and ate dinner, I decided that I was in the mood for California Pizza Kitchen, so off we went back to the mall. After we sat down, our waiter brought us some goldfish crackers. You'd think I hadn't just fed Sofia twenty minutes earlier, but she was double fisting those crackers and stuffing them into her mouth like there was no tomorrow. She was awesome throughout dinner and after we went back the play area so that I could wear her out. It worked. We came home, she took a bath and then she went straight to bed, no fuss. It was one of the best days I have had!

No comments: