Wednesday, July 11, 2007

When it rains, it pours

That's how it's been for Sofia. Within the last two weeks, Sofia has started to give "high fives," can wave bye-bye (although not on command), is learning to walk short distances, and she's cutting a tooth. Geesh. The walking thing has just started within the past week. Sofia's been cruising for a couple of months now, but I guess that was too boring for her. Now don't get me wrong, she's not walking laps around the living room or anything, but she'll take five or six steps before plopping down. Crawling is still her preferred method of travel, but I have a feeling once she's really comfortable with the walking, crawling will soo be forgotten. As for the tooth, I just noticed it last night. Ryan and I were eating dinner, and I gave Sofia some barley that Ryan had made. Well, she kept chewing it and chewing it (or should I say gumming it). Finally, I got sick of watching her chew so I did a little "mouth sweep" with my finger. As I did that, I felt something sharp on her bottom gum, and sure enough it's a little tooth popping up. That explains why she woke up crying after going to bed a few times last week. Her brain must be on overload. Which is the only reason to explain the mess she got into yesterday. (There's no way it could be from bad parenting!) I was at work, so right off the bat I'm not to blame, and Ryan was watching her for the day. I guess she was in her room playing alone, which she does quite frequently, when things got quiet. A little too quiet. Ryan went to check on Sofia and when he saw her he thought, "Hmm...why is she glistening?" From what I understand, Sofia got into the tub of vasoline. It was on her face, in her hair, on her clothes, on the floor, and on the curtains Chelsea made for the changing table. (Sorry Cheslea, but we are washing them!) By the time I got home most of it was cleaned up, but there was still a litle bit of residue in her hair. At least she didn't eat it! (We think.)

No comments: