Thursday, June 28, 2007

What a Circus

What a way for Sofia and I to end our trip. Tonight we had tickets to Ringling Brothers circus. It was awesome, I felt like I was 8 years old again. Our tickets were great because they were through Mom's work, which means we were in a suite with two other families. "What's the big deal?" you may ask. Well, let me tell you. First of all, we were dead center in the arena, it was a perfect view. Second, the suite had free food, chicken tenders and nachos as well as soda, water and really good cheesecake. We had our own private bathroom and really comfy seats. Having this type of accomadations with a avery small child was awesome. As for the show, it was really good. Sofia didn't know what to think at first. She just sat on my lap, eyes as big as saucers, and her thumb stuck firmly in her mouth. After about 15 minutes she started to get into the music. She was clapping. She was bouncing. She was having a blast. Then she was asleep. I was impressed that she lasted the first hour. She slept the rest of the show, only waking up once during and then after it was over. It was a fun way to end our vacation and I wouldn't have it any other way. Now I'm feeling a little bittersweet about leaving. Sad to leave Mom, but happy to see Ryan. Too bad Sofia will never remember this trip, but at least I have this blog to keep as a record of our first, but certainly not last, time in Phoenix, Arizona!

No comments: