Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Arizona Part 2


It's still hot here. Just thought you'd like to know. Sofia and I are still enjoying ourselves. I woke up at 6:45 a.m. this morning to the sounds of people moving into the apartment upstairs. They are from New Hampshire and still on East Coast time. I don't mind getting my day started early while on vacation. I got a lot accomplished this morning. By 8:15 a.m., Sofia was fed, I had put a whole turkey in the oven and we were in the pool. The turkey was a gift for my stepdad for Christmas, and Mom decided that we should just go ahead and cook it. Luckily, I have three years of Thanksgiving turkeys under my belt and I was prepared. After our eventful morning, I put Sofia down for a nap and relaxed. I was able to finish my book (7 points on my summer reading club card, only three more to go!)

Mom came home early from work and the three of us went into downtown Chandler. It's a ghost town during the day with the heat and all. No one is stupid enough to go out in the heat, except for tourists. We only walked around for about 15 minutes before we escaped into the air conditioning at the Chandler Public Library. Not to be conceited or anything, but I wasn't very impressed. The outside of the building was cool and very modern, but I was a little surprised by how old a lot of the books were. Most of the stuff would have been weeded at my library. Plus, the Children's section was disappointing. No storytime area or anything (although there was a quiet reading area, go figure.) They did have a little cafe/gift shop run by their Friends of the Library which was very nice and sold some really yummy fudge.

We ended the day at the pool, just like I wish I could do everyday. Well, technically I can since my apartment complex has a pool, but half the time the water is too cold and I'm just lazy.

1 comment:

Mandy S. said...

Sophia looks like she LOVES AZ! Cute cute pics. And welcome to the world of exploring EVERY library you see, and comparing it to ours'. :o) It's so fun. When do you get back again?