Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Crusty Nose


Poor Sofia. She's had a crusty nose for the past couple of days. Ryan's sick too and they spent the whole day together yesterday while I was at work. He said that she didn't eat much at all, only a few ounces of formula and a couple of bites of food. She seems to be doing better. In fact, she's become a little beggar. Everytime we're eating, Sofia stands by us and stares. Sometimes she reaches for the food or opens her mouth. I can't help but indulge her. Last night I was giving her lentils. And you know what? She liked them. I know there's that whole thing of waiting three days between new foods, but I just can't help letting her try things if she seems interested. (Of course I don't give her honey, seafood, nuts, or anything else that you're supposed to wait on.) She should be pretty safe, Ryan and I don't have any allergies. Besides, what do they do in other countries?


Okay, enough with my rant about food. (But I will take any advice anyone would like to give on the whole food front.)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I totally didn't wait three days. There were too many exciting things to put in Colin's mouth! I think the biggest thing is just getting the cereal stuff down to make sure they do okay with grains. My doctor wanted me to start with fruit-- but I didn't because I knew once he tasted something sweet he'd never look at another vegetable. Colin still loves beans and peas better than anything else... so try away!