Thursday, March 22, 2007

Rainy Day and Senora Crankypants!

So, I was with senora crankpants all day today. I swear, she may only be six months, but boy can she have a little attitude. She was tired and mad (because I wouldn't hold her) and so she started to throw down her board books she was looking at. Right then and there I knew it was naptime. After she woke up from her nap, which was shorter than usual, she was still a little cranky. She ate most of her lunch and even tried the carrots I was giving her, and she seemed to enjoy them. But again, one hour later she was fussy and cranky so off to another nap. By the time she woke up, Vanessa and her daughter Genevieve were at the house. Sofia was so happy to see the baby! Genevieve's only 2 months, so it's crazy to see the difference between the two girls. By the time Vanessa left, Ryan was literally pulling into the parking spot she had just vacated. Sofia and I took a short trip to the mailbox. It was the only time we could get outside because of the rain. But at least it's warm, right? Anyway, by the time Daddy came home Sofia was put down for another nap. She was still sleeping when I left for work, so I can only hope that everything went okay and she ate her dinner. It was a good thing she took her little afternoon siesta when Ryan got home because we were able to assemble our newly arrived coffee table. Seriously, I thought the thing was shorter when we saw it at Target. It's taller than the couch cushions, but I guess that's the price you pay when you get one with two shelves. (If you saw the link from my previous post then you would know what it looks like, if not, click on the word coffee table in the post.) I think it's just something we're going to have to get used to. The matching t.v.stand should arrive tomorrow, while I'm at work of course. Please, oh please, I hope someone will not steal it!

1 comment:

Rassi said...

I'm sure the coffee table will be fine, Carissa. I know when we got new living room furniture we couldn't believe how huge it looked at first. Can't wait til next weekend! We have an upcoming birthday to celebrate I believe. Time has gone by so quickly. Tell Sofia that we're bringing Aunt Chelsea along too so she can teach her some new tricks!