Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sick Baby

Yesterday was quite a scare. Ryan called me about 4:30 p.m at work to tell me that Sofia had been puking all day at the babysitter. I knew if Ryan called me at work, then it must be serious. I have never raced out of work so fast! When I got home, poor Sofia was fast asleep in Ryan's arms, looking a bit yellow. I called my mom, no answer. I called my dad. I called my friend Jenn who is a nurse, no answer. Finally we got a hold of Ryan's mom. She told me to breathe, which I did. She said that as long as Sofia didn't have a fever, which she didn't, or diarrhea, none too, than she was probably okay. I called the doctor just in case, and he just said to give her Pedialyte so that she won't get dehydrated. Once we gave her that she started to feel better and even went to bed at her normal time. This morning I woke up to a cheerful baby (although mommy wasn't quite as cheerful because it was 7:30 a.m.) All seems to be well today. Sofia's a little more sluggish than usual, but other than that, she's doing good. I'm still keeping her on the Pedialyte diet. I do feel bad because that stuff tastes nasty, I know because I tried a sip last night. MMmmm, warm salt water!

No comments: