Thursday, February 8, 2007

Farewell

Well, we sent Grandma Colleen on her way to Phoenix on Tuesday. It was quite an adventure taking her to the airport with all of the snow coming in! What would normally take 20 minutes turned into an hour drive to the airport, and a three hour drive from the airport. Chelsea was driving and I was in the back seat with Sofia. Since we were only going five miles an hour, at one point I had to feed Sofia. (Illegal, I know, but it beat a crying baby.) I wish I could say that going to Cincinnati had been more fun, but Sofia was sick with a cold while we were there, so her being fussy didn't add to anything. Plus, with all of the snow, I couldn't make it back to COlumbus until today, which made me miss a day of work. I cherish my work days because I get a break, so I'm trying to enjoy my time at work today. I was happy to leave her with Ryan this afternoon. I feel bad, but after being with her non-stop since Sunday and the fact that she was sick kind of took its toll on me. Is it bad to feel that way?

Mom, if you're reading this, I hope Phoenix is fun and we miss you already. Again, it still feels as though you're on vacation!

Nothing exciting planned for the rest of the week. Just work tomorrow. Then maybe a trip to the grocery store because we are running out of everything at home!

No comments: