Friday, February 9, 2007

Books, Books, and More Books

There are books out there for everything, parenting included. Since I work at a library, I have access to these thousands of books and usually I take advantage of it. Right after Sofia was born I started to read all of the parenting books and baby books. (Actually, before she was even born I started to read the pregnancy books, so I was doomed from the start!) Anyway, I've read what seems like dozens, and probably is, of these books. Now that Sofia is almost five months old, I'm getting a little bored and overwhelmed by all of the "advice" these books have to offer, most of which contradicts each other. I've moved on to humorous parenting books. I know, it's still the same genre, but at least it's a step (if not a small step) in another direction. Although I'm sure by the time Sofia is hitting her toddler years I'll be reading What to Expect the Toddler Years! Anyway, the whole point of this post was to say I have found a very funny parenting book called Sippy Cups are NOT for Chardonnay. I wanted to recommend it for those who read this that are going to have kids or have just had kids. (That would be you Jessica and Vanessa!) It's very real and very tongue-in-cheek. And no, this won't turn into a book report!


No comments: