Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy V-Day! I've had two days off from work in a row because of all this crazy snow. We have at least 8 inches, if not more, outside the apartment. Ryan, Sofia and I braved the snow and went out to dinner tonight to celebrate. Last year on this day, Ryan and I were seeing Sofia for the first time, only she was the size of a lima bean!

But back to this snow! I figured I would be off yesterday because it was pretty nasty, but today came as a surprise. Unlike most people, I hope I work tomorrow because I
actually like going to work. I know, what's wrong with me?! It gives Sofia and I a much needed break from each other. (Sometimes I think she needs if more than me!) I wish I could go outside and play with Sofia in the snow, but that's just not possible. Maybe next year. We did take a walk to the mailbox. I bundled Sofia up in her little snow outfit. I don't think she knew what to make of everything, especially the cold wind blowing in her face. I would have walked around a little longer, but I had fears of falling or slipping on the ice, so we didn't trek any farther. It'll be much easier when she can walk, that way, when she falls, she'll be closer to the ground and it won't be my fault! (Is that being a bad mother?)

No comments: