Monday, January 8, 2007

Babysitter Accomplished

Im keeping my fingers crossed, but it seems we have found a new babysitter, for now. She only lives about five minutes away, mother of four and works from home. She starts Saturday and I'm nervous. Relieved and nervous at the same time. At least the search is over with for a while because I hate having to talk to new people when it comes to things like this.

Well, I think Sofia is finally readjusting from the holidays and aunt Chelsea visiting this past weekend. She was fussy last night and took a while to fall asleep, even after a fun bathtime (in which she didn't cry once!). She slept through the night, right through her 5 a.m. feeding she sometimes likes to take. Ryan went and checked on her before he went to work at 8 a.m. Usually she'll make some grunting noises or things like that, but nshe was silent. I woke around 9, which is such a luxury, and even though I didn't hear anything from her room, I couldn't go back to bed because I was too worried that something was wrong. I finally went and woke her up at 9:30. So, from that point on, our day was off. She was in the middle of her morning nap when I had to wake her up to go to our interview. By the time we left, she was cranky and tired. So, after eating, she fell asleep in her crib (and I fell asleep on the couch.) She woke up, and cried while I changed her, one of those gut wrenching cries. I fed her again, she fell asleep. Finally, after Ryan came home, she woke up just in time to go to the grocery store. I turned her around in her front carrier so that she could see what was going on. I think she really liked to see what was going on, and gumming the front of the carrier. The thing was soaking wet by the time we got home, as was her shirt. I never knew so much drool could come out of such a small person. Anway, she fussed a little bit tonight, fighting sleep until the bitter end. When will she learn that sleep is a losing battle? The funniest part of her bedtime was the Ocean Wonders crib toy we got for Christmas. Sofia likes it until she wants to fall asleep. She cried when it turned off, so I went in her room and turned it back on. Five minutes later, she started crying again. I went in to see if it was still on, which it was, but this time she as crying because she wanted it off so she could go to sleep. I turned it off, and she was out within seconds. Weird.

No comments: