Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Rough Night



Last night was rough. Sofia has been sleeping through the night, ten hours or so, since she was a little over two months old. Last night was the first night in a long time it took forever for her to fall asleep and stay asleep. She was fussy until about 9:30 and then we put her down. An hour later she was up and crying. I tried to let her cry and fall back asleep, but she wouldn't. I finally had to take her out of bed. Even after I picked her up she wouldn't stop crying. Plus, whenever she opened her mouth, her breath smelled a little off. Slightly metallic. It was really weird. After calling my mom at 11 p.m. and searching the internet for reasons of the metallic smell, I broke down and fed Sofia. I guess that did the trick. After a few minutes of eating, she was back to her smiling happy self. She still fussed a little throughout the night and woke up at 7:45 am, but at least she's not sick or something (at least I hope not.) Now she's been napping for the past two hours, which has let me get a lot done. I've been able to clean both bathrooms, clean the kitchen, eat a snack, read my e-mail. Although I feel as though I have done a lot, just looking around the living room makes me realize there is so much more to clean. Oh well, that's what tomorrow is for!

No comments: