Saturday, December 16, 2006

Pumping in the Morning, Pumping in the Evening


I love going to work, but one of the most depressing parts is sitting in the bathroom pumping. Those fifteen minutes I spend in there are horrible. I sit on a chair, stare at the white wall, and listen to the sweet sounds of "whir, whir whir." Honestly, it could be worse. I could be doing it in a public bathroom.

Okay, enough about the wonderful world of pumping. I worked all day today and my little Sofia was asleep when I left. She woke up for her early morning feeding and then went back to sleep right after. Of course she doesn't do this on my days off, but I guess today she slept until almost 9 am. She has to take after me when it comes to the sleep department. I have to be one of the luckiest moms because my baby has been sleeping through the night since she was two months old. However, I still can't explain why I'm tired everyday? Maybe it's those first months catching up to me!

Anyway, I work all weekend. Unlike most people, I don't mind working Sundays at the library. Probably because it's so busy and the time goes by quickly. However, it does cut into the time I get to hang out with Ryan. Sundays are the only full day we have off together, since he works on Fridays and Saturdays. But, it gives him a chance to hang out with Sofia.

I wish I had more exciting things to say. Sofia has discovered she can make some cool sounds if she has a lot of spit in her throat. Almost a gurgling noise. That, and she's started to make small rasberries. I guess her drooling is coming in handy as a communication tool (not just a cleaning tool as she likes to use it on mommy's, and whoever else is holding her, shirts.) At least the drool doesn't smell. We once had a cat who could burn a whole through your clothes with his stinky drool!

No comments: