Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Babysitter Blues

Nothing beats the holiday blues quite like babysitter blues. When I went back to wok part time a couple of months ago, I had the hardest time trying to find a babysitter that would be willing to work Friday one week and Saturday the next. It's really, really hard. Luckily I have great friends and family who were willing to help out for a few weeks before I found someone. Finally, I did find Ashley, and I really like her. Unfortunately, it looks like her work schedule at school isn't going to work with mine, so now I'm looking for someone new. What a stressful time. I love working at the library, but I have the rotating weekends. It makes it really hard on working moms. It wouldn't be so bad if Ryan didn't have to work weekends as well, but that's the restaurant business for ya. Oh well, maybe I'll have luck. Otherwise, I'll just be complaining on this thing for the next few weeks.

Other than that, major milestone moment!! Sofia rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time on Tuesday! It was kind of out of nowhere, because I had her on her stomach practicing tummy time when I looked down and noticed she had gotten both shoulders over and all that was left was her left leg. After a couple of kicks, there it went, and there she went. It was pretty cool. I was always afraid I would miss these things because she would be with the babysitter or something like that. I just can't get over how fast she's growing! Pretty soon she'll be sitting on her own and after that crawling. (I have to stop myself from getting too far ahead.)

I'm hoping the next couple of weeks go well. Poor Sofia will be doing a lot of traveling. First to Grandma Colleen and then Grandpa and Grandma Whyte for Christmas. Then New Year's we go to Grandma Rose's. I'm just hoping she'll be able to sleep in the pack n play and that her schedule won't get too off course! Wish me luck!

Until next time...

No comments: