Thursday, December 28, 2006

On a Roll...

I thought last week when Sofia rolled over for the first time that it was just a fluke, because she hadn't done it since. However, today, lo and behold she did it again. Four times to be exact. I was able to document it on video (so now this day will live on forever.) It was pretty exciting. I cheer her on everytime, which I think freaks her out a little bit.

So, I've been talking to a prospective babysitter through e-mail for the past few weeks. I'm really scared to meet her. Not that I don't think she'll be nice or anything, but because trusting someone with my baby is scary. I don't know why, but I think it'll be easier to leave her with a daycare (if that day ever comes) than with just one person. Plus, it's always scary to let someone into your home, especially a complete stranger. Unfortunately, this is the age we live in and since the government won't help families find affordable child care, than I have to do it on my own. Ahhh, if only I was rich enough to not have to work, or better yet, I work and Ryan could stay home.

Enough about that (although I did warn that I would complain about the babysitter issue until I could find one.)

I got to work at the Children's Desk today. It was interesting. I almost think it's more scary working there than the reference desk where I normally work. However, I did find a book list containing books for babies that I want to get. I really want to start reading to Sofia as soon as possible. Plus, she's getting to the point where she is starting to pay attention for longer periods of time, so I think she'll like to look at more books. Plus, the winter storytimes will be starting at the library in January, and I figure she's close enough to the six month age limit (plus the ladies at the library always want to see her.) I just hope she loves books as much as I do.

No comments: