Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Mommy's sick

It's a lot harder to be sick now that there is another person around. Sofia woke up at 7:45 am this morning to eat, and all I wanted her to do was fall back asleep. No such luck. However, today was Ryan's day off, so he woke up and took care of her so mommy could sleep an extra two hours. (I never would have thought sleeping until 9:45 am would be "sleeping in.") Things always run a little differently when daddy watches Sofia. I guess because I have everything down to science since I'm with her every day. Ryan does a good job, though, so I can't complain.

Plus, I can't complain about Sofia's sleeping habits. Most babies aren't sleeping through the night at this stage, so I really lucked out with Sofia.


I'm starting to dread her getting older, especially after watching the kids at the library. It gets old telling them to "quiet down" or "stop running around." I think parents think that librarians are free babysitters. I've seen little kids (toddlers) practically walk out the front door because their parents aren't paying attention to them. I've learned a lot of parenting skills just by watching what not to do.


No comments: