Saturday, December 2, 2006

The Babysitter

Sofia is hanging with our babysitter today. Ashley, the babysitter, is a really nice girl. She goes to college and seems competent, and I don't get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I still can't help but feel horrible every time I have to leave Sofia with her. The thing is, I really like going to work. So, as you can see, I'm between a rock (work) and a hard place(leaving Sofia with the sitter.) I know I'm not alone and I know it has to be done, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!


So, Sofia has started rotating while sleeping in her crib at night. I'll come and check on her and find that somehow she has twisted 90 degrees. Then, when I go in to feed her at 6 am, she has rotated another 90 degrees. It's like she's a clock or something. I don't know how she does it, I've never seen her do it while awake(while I'm awake, not her.) Of course Ryan saw her do it, but she's a daddy's girl and does all sorts of fantastic things when it's just the two of them. (Like not cry after her bath and almost laugh.) When she's awake, she doesn't care too much about trying to roll over, even though now's the time when she should start. Maybe it's a subconsious desire (do babys even have subconsious desires?) to roll over, or, as I like to believe, it's just magic what she does in her crib

Sofia and Aunt Chelsea. I promise I'll put more current pictures of Sofia as soon as I can, but for now these will have to do.

No comments: