Monday, June 22, 2009

Slate Run







This was a couple of weeks ago, but I kept forgetting to post until now. Sofia, Ryan and I went to Slate Run Living Historical Farm in Lithopolis a couple of Saturdays ago and I just have to say that it was so cool. It's a restored 1880 farm house with barns, livestock, and costumed volunteers. We saw women weeding the garden, a guy plowing a field and planting pumpkins, as well as lots of animals: geese, ducks, pigs, chickens, sheep, horses. Sofia liked it to, except that by the time we were there, she was a little grumpy and tired. She didn't want to see the pigs and instead stood outside holding her nose say it was too stinky in there. She did enjoy playing with the marbles and other 19th century toys that were laid out. I think she would have played all day. Ryan and I attempted to walk on the stilts - well, okay, my attempt was lame, but I wasn't about to fall on my ass and make a fool of myself. I left that for Ryan (he didn't fall, though). It's such a neat place that we're planning on going back in the fall when it's a little cooler out. I highly recommend it to anyone living in the area. Gotta love those metro parks!



No comments: