Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We Offer Fluff and Fold






I got the dreaded call at work on Tuesday. The one that always makes my stomach clench. Ryan calling to say something is wrong with Sofia. In this case, I guess she woke up after ten minutes of nap and started crying and wouldn't stop for over 20 minutes. She kept saying "I hurt, I hurt" but couldn't be more specific. I had noticed that the right outer corner of her eye was red and bloodshot a few days ago, and thought maybe this was what hurt. So, I called the doctor and Ryan brought her right in. Yup, it's pinkeye. On top of that, she also has an inner ear infection in her left ear, poor thing. The doctor prescribed anitbiotics (the awesome tasting pink bubblegum stuff) and we're supposed to give it to her for ten days. That's it. No drops, no other instructions. I did tell Ryan to wash all of Sofia's bedding and for us to make sure she's washing her hands all the time, just to be safe. But after that little crying episode, you'd have no idea she is sick. Go figure.

No comments: