Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sunny Days Are Here Again






It finally feels like spring really is just around the corner. Today it got up to 60 degrees. I know, break out the swimsuits. But seriously, after all of the below zero temperature and the nasty weather the past couple of weeks, I am happy to have anything that feels slightly warm. Sofia and took adventure of the weather and headed to the Zoo. We had a blast. Seriously, it was one of the best days I have had in a long time.


Rather than pull Sofia along, I let her lead the show. We checked out the North American animals, and when she was ready to move on, she would let me know. She'd say, "Mommy, let's go. Let's go." She was scared of some of the animals, even ones that never bothered her before. On the other hand, she was terrified of the aquarium for a while, and today she had an absolute blast. She was running up to the window of the tank and her favorite fish were the sharks. Everytime she saw one she would run up to me and point them out. We were probably in there at least 20 or 30 minutes. I had a slight celebrity moment while in there as well. I was sitting looking at the tank when a little girl points to me and goes, "it's the library lady." Her mom said that yes, it is and then asked my name. It's always weird when I see people from my storytimes or from the library outside the library.
Anyway, just to brag, but I couldn't have asked for a bettter behaved child today. I brought out the older stroller, and Sofia was all for riding in it, pulling down the visor, climbing in and out. For once, I didn't have to yell at her to sit down, stop bending over, etc. Wow, I really need more days like today!

No comments: