Saturday, January 31, 2009

Snow Disaster

My friend Jessi and I took Sofia to meet some other people at the awesome sled hill at the part up the road. This sled hill is sick. There's a smaller one for little kids next to it that it also really cool. Anway, even before I picked Jessi up, disaster struck. Sofia totally bit it on the ice right in front of our apartment. She was crying for so long that I was really afraid she broke her wrist or hand or something. Well, we finally got on our way and picked up Jessi and made it to the park. I unloaded out ghetto sleds. (Both Meiers and Walmart were sold out of sleds. Hello?! It's still the middle of winter. But I guess spring clothes and shoes are more important.) Our sleds were the top to Sofia's turtle sandbox and a plastic storage container. We never did get to see if they worked because we were able to use real sleds at the park. So, anyway, we get there and I take Sofia down the kiddy hill. We flew down that darn thing. So fast that I crashed into the bales of hay at the end. Poor Sofia got a face full of snow when I attempted to plant my feet in the ground as a brake. After that run, Jessi took her down. As I watched them prepare to fly down, Sofia had her hands covering her face. Well, I guess the kiddy hill wasn't good enough for Sofia because she wanted to go down the big hill. Ummm...I wouldn't even go down that hill so there was no way I was letting Sofia. Cut to ten minutes later and Sofia is sobbing uncontrollably and continued to do so for at least fifteen more minutes and then half of the car ride home as well. Next time Mommy's going to the part without Sofia.

No comments: