Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Caution: Sick Alert

So, I had to work this morning at the library and I didn't get home until about 3 p.m. What greeted me as I walked in the door? The sweet sound of Sofia crying and the revolting smell of puke. Ahhh...spring. But seriously, it was disgusting. Sofia had just thrown up all over her bed and all over herself. I left Ryan the dirty job of cleaning the sheets while I plopped Sofia down in the tub. After the bath I tried to get her to hang out on the couch with me, but she just wanted to play. That is until she threw up, again. All over her clothes. To make a disgusting story short, let's just say that we went through about 4 or 5 outfits, all of the papertowels in the apartment, and some Pedialyte. Ryan was sick with something similar yesterday, but we just thought it was something he ate. Obviously, we were wrong. Luckily Sofia was able to eat a little chicken soup and then went to bed at 7:45 p.m. Oddly enough, between the bouts of sickness, Sofia was happy and playing. Who knows. I just really don't want to wake up in the middle of the night and have to change the sheets.

No comments: