Tuesday, May 13, 2008

20 Months!

Wow, can you believe Sofia is 20-months-old?! Where has the time gone? Sofia's getting to be such a toddler, and I mean that in both a good way and a bad way. Yesterday, for example, was another one of those "bad parenting days." I think the big culprit was that I had been home with Sofia all day long for three days straight. Anyway, she started the morning off by dumping her eggs on the floor. It made me mad. Mad enough to give her a swat on the bottom (not very hard obviously, I don't need child services after me) and then I told her to go to her room and sit on her butterfly rug. She started crying and walked around the side of the couch and then stopped, so I took her by the hand and led her into her room and sat her little butt down on the rug. I told her not to move. As I was cleaning the yellow goop from the floor I could hear her crying and saying "mommy" over and over. As I was washing the dishes off, I could see her try to scoot off the rug but I told her to get back on it, and surprisingly enough she did as she was told. I only kept her there for about 3 minutes. After which, I told her she can't throw food and she needed to say sorry (or "sowwy as she says it) and then I apologized for yelling. Then we hugged. A true Kodak moment. I wish I could say the day got better, and it did a little. Of course today I'm at work and then class, so I'm sure she'll be perfect for Ryan. Of course.

No comments: