Sunday, March 9, 2008

Monster Snow!

So, I forgot to say that my sister and her little daughter, Sydney, came and visited last weekend. Sydney is 6 months old and so cute (and chubby!). Sofia wasn't sure what to make of her at first so she poked her, pet her, and tried to stick her finger in the baby's mouth. In the end, Sofia resorted to emptying out the contents of Sydney's diaper bag (sorry Jess). It was really cool seeing them together, we even had a baby dance party. Sofia was really showing her moves, which involves turning in a circle with one fist out. What can I say, she gets her smooth moves from me. That night we got Ryan to stay home with the girls so that Jess and I could go out and meet a couple of girls from my job. Don't worry, Ryan didn't have it too rough, the babies were already aslepp when we left and they didn't get up once. Jess and I had a blast doing karaoke and hanging out together. Thanks for coming up and visiting Jess and Sydney!

Oh my god, I can't get over all of this snow! We have at least 15 inches and more in some places. I know most people are excited when they get a snow day, but what can I say, I'm weird. My one weekend day a week is the one day that I get out of the house and get stuff done. Instead I was stuck in the house for three days straight. The good part was Ryan's work was closed a well so this is the first weekend we have spent together since I had Sofia. We got the house clean, hung out, dug out Ryan's car. Tonight we finally broke out of the house and went to dinner. Sofia's new obsession is dipping her food in sauce, whether it is BBQ or ranch or whatever. The only time she gets to do this is if we go eat chicken wings or go out to dinner. Ryan and I are so lucky that Sofia is such a good eater. She eats healthy most of the time, lots of fruit and cheese and veggies. We do let her splurge sometimes, but mostly she just wants grapes and cheese. I'll take it!No, Sofia is not sitting in the snow and no, we did not cut her in half. This is how deep the snow wa. After being dunked in it, Sofia didn't want to get back in it and I don't blame her.
I like this picture even though I look like I'm twelve or something.