Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Chef







Sofia's new thing is pretending to "cook" on her little kitchen. She takes her red plastic saute pan, adds a meatball (fake) or maybe some grapes (real) and then pours in milk (fake). Finally she adds some fresh ground pepper from her pepper mill and then proceeds to "saute" the food. I must say her technique is really good, must be all of the times she watched Ryan cook.

So, is it bad if all my child wants to eat is grapes and cheese? Sofia is obsessed with grapes, and I mean that quite literally. She wants them all the time. She will go to the fridge and keep saying "gape, gape." Then, if I don't give her any, she starts to cry. Today she ate grapes three times. I mean, it could be worse, she could want chicken nuggets or soda or something like that.

You'll have to ignore the shiny, snotty nose in the pictures. Poor Sofia has had a runny nose for over a week now and I'm constantly running after her with a kleenex. I wish she would let me suction out the goop, but after the first few times of trying (and what a battle it was with the crying and squirming) I decided to not ever try anymore.

No comments: