Thursday, November 29, 2007


It's inevitable, I'm just never going to be on top of this blogging thing! I tell myself I should post everyday, but do I really want to bore everyone who reads this? But then because I don't write everyday, when I do I have a ton of catching up today. Such is the case right now. Thanksgiving was fun. We went to Russ and Vanessa's for the day and ate tons of yummy food. Sofia was good all day, and even took a nap in Genevieve's crib. Unfortunately the nap was right when we were eating, but at least Ryan and I got to eat our food without having little fingers grabbing at everything. Dessert, on the other hand, was a different story. Sofia loved the pumpkin pie and the apple pie (both homemade courtesy of Vanessa's dad). She was mooching up to everyone trying to get more tastes. The only misshap of the day was when Sofia's head got stuck between the banister rails. She put her head through, turned it, and then tried to pull it back out...it didn't work too well.




Sofia and I went to the mall on Monday and had fun playing in the play area. She's really starting to get the hang of the slides. She'll sit down at the top and then slowly scoot her little butt to the edge and then zoom down with a big smile on her face! Yesterday I decided to take her to see Santa for a little introduction before we go for pictures. Needless to say, I'll probably have to introduce her a couple of times before she's comfortable. We were the only ones in line and when we got near to the big guy, Sofia didn't want to go close to him. I started to pet Santa's sleave to show Sofia that he was soft, but she didn't want anything to do with him. Finally, being the good mom that I am, I picked Sofia up and put her on Santa's lap. That lasted all of two seconds before the lip started to tremble. But she was all smiles as soon as Santa gave her a sucker. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll last long enough next time to get her picture taken! As for the sucker, I let her try some of it. Oh, and did I mention it was blue? Very blue. Sofia had a blue mouth, blue teeth, blue tongue and would have had a blue everything else if I didn't take it away from her.



I'm very impressed that I have had the Christmas tree up for a whole day and have had no problems (knock on wood). I thought I would have to take it down for sure, but that's not the case. Sofia likes the lights, but all of the ornaments are out of her reach. So, the poor little tree has 15 ornaments all on the top half. Oh well, at least it's up!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Just stopping by-- Oh is Sofia growing up! What a cutie! And it's also fun to look back and see what we've survived-- the "terrible twos." Have fun!