Monday, October 8, 2007

Italian Attitude


I love when I hear people say, "What a happy baby" or "What a cute baby" whenever we take Sofia places. It boosts my pride. This happened on Saturday when the three of us went to the Italian Festival. Wow, there are a lot of Italians and Italian wannabes (mostly the latter.) Ryan and I haven't missed a year yet. Last year Sofia was only about three weeks old when we went and I remember carrying her around in the little front baby carrier. She slept the whole time. It was really neat taking her this year. Especially when she decided that she wanted to go into the big tent and dance to the music. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Just picture it. A few hundred people sitting at table under a tent. There's a stage and a clear space in front for performers. Sofia walks out to the middle and starts swinging her arms to some Dean Martin. Then she starts bobbing up and down. People were laughing and getting the biggest kick out of her. I swear, Sofia is such a ham! I'm just glad I remembered to bring my camera for once. Unfortunately, the pictures just don't do the performance justice.




On another note. Sofia can kind of eat with a fork. I say kind of because I've only tried it once. But when I tried it on Saturday, she was doing a pretty good job. I put some green beans on her tray, gave her the fork and let her go to town. I had to do some of the work, but she actually got the hang of it. I cheered her on, which made her want to do it even more. She is one smart cookie!


No comments: