Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


Before the parade...After the parade!

Happy Memorial Day Everyone! Wow, what a long day...Sofia and I started things off by walking in out town parade with the library. I pimped Sofia's ride by putting streamers and balloons on it, it was pretty tacky. We arrived at the site at 8:30 a.m., and then got into line at 9:00 a.m. Our position was 211, that's how big the parade was. The start-off was 10 a.m., but we didn't leave our spot until after 10:30 a.m. Sofia was kept occuppied by a couple of other little girls as well as all of the library ladies. One of her favorite parts of the day was petting my manager Monica's giant English Mastif Angus. That dog is huge! 205 lbs. to be exact. We all joked that Sofia should ride him in the parade. Anyway, things finally got underway and we were off. Sofia made it about 15 minutes before she was conked out. I kept waving anyway (probably looked like I was pushing an empty baby stroller too.) And we walked, and walked. I didn't realize how long the parade was going to go. It was about 3 and a half miles round trip. Now that I think about it, I guess it wasn't too long...but walking back was the worse. Especially with all the heat! Anyway, Sofia woke up about halfway back and then we went home.
Sofia and Angus (both are drooling machines.)

This afternoon we had a cookout out with our good friends Russ and Vanessa and their little girl Genevieve, and our neighbor Dan. We had yummy chicken and steak kabobs as well as green bean salad, cheddar macaroni salad, potatoes, and bakes beans. It was all so good and now I'm stuffed. Sofia was a little jealous because of the attention I was giving Genevieve. She wasn't happy with Russ or Vanessa's attention, oh no. She had to have me or daddy! Ahhh...it feels good to be loved and wanted!



All in all, it was fabulous weekend. I love getting the oppurtunity to see all of our friends and just have a chance to relax and hang out. We don't get to see everyone as often as I would like, but this weekend was great! Thanks everyone for getting together! You guys are the best
A little family portrait, although I'm sure we've all looked better.

1 comment:

Rassi said...

So glad you all had a wonderful weekend! We miss you!