Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sleep Strike!

As most of you know, Sofia has been a super sleeper since she was about 2 and a half months old. Well, things have been going well so far until this past week. Sofia doesn't want to sleep. When you put her in her crib, she stands up and talks to herself. Last night she was up at 11p.m. and then again at 6 a.m. When I went into her room at 6, she was happily sitting in the corner of the crib, smiling at me. I was not smiling (mainly from the hangover I was suffering and the three hours of sleep I was working on.) I took Sofia into bed with me and she went right back to sleep until 8:30 a.m., thank god. Lately she's been pushing her morning nap back and back, which sucks for me because that's when I get things done. In the afternoon, she just plain fights sleep. I know she's tired, Sofia knows she's tired, but she just doesn't want to lie down and sleep. And the crying! You would think I was forcing her to do the most horrible thing in the world. I'm hoping this is just a phase or teething or something (I can blame everything on teething right?), but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

P.S. Thanks Kate for being the only one to write captions for my pictures (see previous posts). If no one else enters (by posting a comment) than she will be the winner by default. I'm giving you all until Sunday...

1 comment:

Laura said...

C'mon... you're asking us to compete with Kate?
The Reigning Queen of Quirky Captions.

She's already won. Seriously, I would have to say that she's nailed every one of your pic captions!

Fun game... Good idea!