Thursday, April 5, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!


I know this blog is supposed to be about Sofia, but if I wasn't born, then she wouldn't be here either, so Happy Birthday to me! Everyone at worked asked what Sofia got me. I told them she woke up at 9:30 instead of 8:00, which I was very happy about that. Since she woke up later, we were able to race around and make it to storytime at the library. I was literally feeding Sofia her bottle while I was brushing my teeth. We made it with one minute to spare. I'm glad we went because Sofia had the best time. She loves to see other babies and kids. She even got into the songs and rhymes. We came home after it was over and Sofia took her nap. When she woke up, she had another surprise for me. Sofia learned to clap. I think it had a lot to do with watching everyone do it at storytime, but it was still awesome. She just sat on the floor and clapped, clapped, clapped. Later in the afternoon she was even clapping while crying. I couldn't help but laugh. What a nice little birthday present.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Carissa!

Wishing you a great year ahead full of even more adventures and laughter!

(Now I see where Sofia gets her pretty green eyes!)

Rassi said...

Wow, Carissa! I love your birthday picture. You are such a beautiful young woman and we love you always.

Dad and Nancy