Saturday, March 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Ryan


Today is Ryan's birthday. I was very domestic and baked a bunch of cupcakes that spelled out "Happy Birthday Ryan." My dad, stepmom, sisters and brother all came up to visit today as well. I'm not sure what Sofia thought when she woke up from her nap and saw all those people in the living room. She was a little more cranky today than usual, so by the time we left for dinner, she had already had three naps. All of us, incuding Ryan after he got off work, trooped to Easton and ate dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. Yum! It was a fun experience, even though the service was a little lacking. (I can speak from experience, I worked in restaruants for 6 years.) Anyway, we all sat at one big booth, and Sofia was part of the fun because the restaurant had mini-highchairs that sat right on the booth seat. This was the first time I have fed Sofia dinner in public since she began on solids, and it was a lot smoother than I thought it would be. After dinner and the mall, Ryan and Sofia and I headed home. I think Sofia was out before we had even left the parking garage. When we got home, I put her straight to bed and, after some mumbling and babbling, she was out for the night. Speaking of going out, that's what Ryan did for his birthday evening. I figured he deserved it. I just enjoyed the evening alone, drank a couple of beersand
watched the Devil Wears Prada. Ahhh, relaxing!

No comments: