Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Like to Read

Okay, sometimes I think I go a little overboard with the amount of items I check out at the library. As of today, I have about 40 books checked out. Yes, 40. And that's after I already returned some reserves I decided I could wait to read. What is wrong with me? I'm never going to read all of them, although I'm sure I'll try. I will admit that of the 40, at least 15 are books I took out for Sofia. What can I say, I like to have a mini library at home. At least I don't have to worry about fines since I work for the library. Who knows how much I would be in debt!

Anyway, I wish I had exciting things to say about Sofia. We walked to Big Lots today (I love that store.) and I bought her a cheap, plastic phone. I think the reason I've been buying her toys lately is not because she's bored with the ones she has, but because I am! So yeah, we got outside and boy was it windy! I made sure to bundle her up in her snow outfit and a blanket, plus I draped an afghan over the stroller to block the wind even more. I don't think she minded being outside because I'm sure she gets as sick of being inside as I do.

Oh, one more funny thing. Our friends Russ and Vanessa have their daughter who is one month old. They took her to the doctor and she was about 9lb. 10 oz, right in the 50th percentile. What was Sofia at 1 month? 7lb. 14 oz. What percentile? About the 4th. What can I say, we have a little baby (and I'm told that everytime we go out.) Sometimes I wish I was in the 4th percentile!

No comments: