Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cabin Fever

I think Sofia and I are both getting cabin fever. It kind of sucks being stuck inside all day because of the rain. Plus, I think Sofia is definetely starting to teeth. She constantly has her fingers in her mouth. But sometimes she isn's even sucking on them, but instead she pushes them against her gums. Plus, she's starting to get fussier in the evenings. And here I thought we had already passed that stage!


She started at the new babysitter today. I like her babysitter, Suzanne and her daughter who helps, Whitney. But, I still cried when I left her there this morning. (It was partly leaving her and the other was from fighting with Ryan, but I'm not going to get into that.) I still need to check Suzanne's references, especially since everyone keeps telling me to, and that it will make me feel more comfortable. But, I just hate calling people I don't know, a common fear I'm sure. I'm going to do it, at least so I don't feel like a bad mother.


Other than that, I wish I could say more was going on. Our friends Russ and Vanessa should be having their baby in the next couple of weeks. I'm so excited! It's going to be weird seeing a newborn, even though Sofia was that age only four short months ago (it's hard to believe, I know.) I guess I can tell the other news too, if not then oops. I'm going to be an aunt. My older sister Jessica is pregnant, which is exciting. I never thought it would happen, at least not now anyway, so it was a big surprise when she told me (and I was told first!) . She's due around late August early September, just in time for Sofia's birthday. Now she'll have a cousin. (But she will always be the first grandchild!!)


Vanessa holding Sofia at 6 days old. (You can't see Vanessa's bump, but it's there!)

1 comment:

jessica said...

Thanks for broadcasting the news all over the internet! Here I was hoping to go to Utah for 9 months "taking care of a sick distant relative". :P