Wednesday, March 30, 2011




I've been waiting and waiting for it to happen, and today it finally did. Adeline had an exploding poo. You might be thinking, "It's been almost 6 months and Adeline hasn't exploded out of her diaper?" That is correct. Well, to be more precise, she hasn't done it for me. Until today. I'm sure all mothers recognize the tell-tale grunt of poo explosion. Adeline was in her exersaucer and I heard her little grunt from the couch. When I lifted her out, I smelled it, but didn't see it. Sofia and I took Adeline into the other room to change her and when I first took off her pants and saw a little stain I couldn't help but think, "Hmm...that's not to bad." Oh how wrong I was. Once the pants were off and I unbuttoned the onesy, that is when the full force of the explosion hit home. Not only was it up her back, but up her front as well. Poor Adeline. I didn't know if I should just cut the onesy off or risk getting poo on Adeline's head and face. I took the onesy off over her head. What can I say, I'm a risk-taker. I got her into the bathroom with the special mommy-maneuver of holding the baby as far away as possible. After careful deliberation of two point oh seconds, I decided the easiest solution would be to undress myself and the baby and hop into the shower together. What I didn't figure into the equation was the four-year-old wanting to join. I vetoed that request right away. Sofia was relegated to the sidelines, or in this case, peering into the shower and commenting on the situation. Adeline enjoyed her first shower experience. I was afraid I was going to drop her slick butt a couple of times, but we made it through. After getting her out, drying her off, and redressing her, it was my turn to take a "real" shower so that I could get ready for work. Again, this involved the audience of the four-year-old. After she watched me shave my legs (which have been neglected for too long), I heard silence. I peek out of the shower to see Adeline in her seat happily chewing on her hands and stuffed monkey and Sofia trying to shave her leg. With my razor. Wha!? It's so great to have a four going on thirteen-year-old.

No comments: