Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today was an awesome day. Ryan and I don't get too many days off together, usually only one or two a month. When we do, we kind of go all out and try to cram as much stuff as possible into the day. Today was no exception. Let me take you through it...
We started the morning going out to breakfast. For some reason, every time we go out for breakfast, we fight or argue or, in today's case, Sofia falls off her chair and then has it tip over and hit her head. And we were sitting right in the middle of the restaurant. There's nothing like hearing gasps from those around you as your child lays on the ground crying with a chair on top of her. One point for good parenting.

After breakfast we headed to Inniswood Metro Park. This park is different from the other parks because it is made up of gardens. It's very peaceful - there's no playground, no people of bikes. In fact, no active sports are allowed. We walked through the forest and checked out the herb garden. Don't tell anyone, but we stole about 10 sage leaves in the Herb garden. This is a big no-no, but we couldn't help it. The sage was just going to die anyway, and as Ryan said, herbs need to be cut so that they keep growing.

When we got tired of the park (or I should say, got tired of hearing Sofia whining about how tired she was) we headed to a comic book store that Ryan has been looking for. The only way to see the turnoff for this store was a small paper sign. But we found it and made a great find there - a Wesley doll from The Princess Bride. I know you're jealous. Don't worry, everyone can come over and see it whenever they want. He's hanging on our living room wall for the world to see (along with my Librarian Action figure and the Marie Antoinette action figure with ejector head action.) We are such dorks.
Our last stop before nap time was Alum Creek park in Westerville near Otterbein, my alma mater. Ryan and I stood around while Sofia went down the slide over and over and over again. The trip ending when she bumped her mouth and bit her lip.
Finally, while Sofia was taking a nap, I attempted to make stew. I had the vegetables cut, everything set out ready to go, only to realize that the meat was bad. Not bad bad, but it had a funky smell. I didn't feel like risking everyone's health to make my delicious stew...so we went out to dinner instead. To Hoggy's. All I have to say is, "oh lordy, I am stuffed." I had a $10 off coupon so I went all out and got the taster platter. Who can seriously eat ribs, 3 different kinds of sandwiches, and 4 small sides? Not me. But, now I have lunch for tomorrow.
Our last stop of the night was Kroger's to pick up marshmellows, chocolate bars, graham crackers, and firewood. (Not to mention all the extra crap we got including: a Tinkerbell coloring book for Sofia, a Disney princess coloring book and a box of 96 crayola crayons for me, and Pepto Bismal for Ryan.) Yes folks, we made s'mores. Sooo goood. Sofia was able to eat two. I'm sitting here waiting for the sugar rush to start. Now Ryan is getting ready to go out for the night and I get to relax and perhaps read, or color, or watch a movie. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

Sounds like you had a great day!
Chair tumbling and spoiled meat aside.

http://togetherwesave.blogspot.com/2009/11/click-to-give.html