Monday, April 13, 2009

The Easter Bunny Has Arrived



The Easter Bunny came to our house yesterday and boy did he really go overboard. It felt a little like Christmas. Most of what Sofia got were toys - Play-Doh, a Dora the Explorer gardening kit, bubbles, coloring books. The only candy were suckers, because I figured she get more candy later in the day.
When Sofia woke up, she came out of her room and at first didn't seem to notice the giant pile of stuff on the floor. But when she did spot it, she kept saying, "The Easter Bunny brought me stuff." She really got a kick out of everything and was really happy. Ryan left for work soon after (and only cooked for one customer the entire time he was at his job) but I had a bunch of stuff to do. I made scalloped potatoes to bring to Jessi's parents house for Easter lunch/dinner. Sofia got to wear her brand new Easter dress (or princess dress as she kept calling it). She loved being all dressed up and looked so pretty.


We went to Jessi's parents at 1 pm. I was worried that Sofia would be scared or overwhelmed being around people she didn't know, but she was fantastic. She pretty much took over the house as if she owned it. Ann, from the library, hid eggs in the front yard for Sofia to find. The little Easter egg hunt took literally 5 minutes, Sofia was a pro at finding all of the eggs. After we played outside for a while, Sofia got it into to her head that it was time to leave. She kept tugging my hand saying, "let's go to mommy's car. i want to go home." We had dinner with all of us sitting around the table and I was totally overwhelmed with how good Sofia was (and how good the food was!). She didn't eat anything besides Jello, but she sat in her seat and said "no thank you" and was very polite. I really thought she would crash after eating, but she didn't. When we got home, I changed her clothes and then I took a nap. All of that food wore me out. Sofia fell asleep from 5-6:30, but was still able to go to sleep at a normal time. I was sorry Ryan couldn't join us, but I brought home leftovers.

1 comment:

lolerskatingninjachick said...

Ok seriously, that dress is adorable, (and so is the person occupying the dress, of course!)