Saturday, March 29, 2008

Seriously, I thought Sofia and I were never going to get out of the house this morning. The mornings I work are always a little bit hectic, but lately we've really gotten into the swing of things. Well, this week I worked an extra morning, which means Sofia had to get up early two days in a row. Yesterday, she was great. Today, ugh! She was fine through breakfast, but as soon as I was trying to pick her up so I could change her diaper and her clothes (in the words of Mo Willem's fabulous chilren's book Knuffle Bunny) Sofia "went boneless." You would have thought I was going to torture her. And if you're ever tried to pick up a child that has gone boneless, it's not an easy thing to do. When I finally wrestled her onto the changing table she started to cry, and we're talking real tears here folks. But this wasn't a normal "I'm sad" cry, no, this was a fake-sounding annoying cry. If you don't know the difference come over to my house any given night. After I finally changed her diaper (and you would think that any sane person would not want to sit around in a poopy daiper, but not my child) and got her dressed it was time to start loading the car. Usually Sofia will just watch me from the window. Today she watched me and cried. When I was coming back from the car, I could literally hear her out in the parking lot. (So that's what it sounds like to the neighbors.) By the time I loaded her into the car as well, she was fine. I dropped her off at the babysitter's and she was fine. Ahh, the joys of being 18 months. Some days I really wish I could throw a tantrum. Well, at least I have alcohol. Which I will be consuming tonight when Ryan and I go out on a date, together, finally. Thank you Kelsey for offering to babysit.

No comments: