Monday, September 3, 2007

Wow, I can't believe it's already September. I can't believe Sofia turns a year in 9 days. Where has the time gone? I'm sure I'll be asking myself that for the rest of my life. Sofia, Ryan and I got to enjoy some family time the past couple of days. For the first time in months Ryan and I both had two days off in a row. Yesterday, after I slept in until 11 a.m., we went to a pizza buffet for lunch. It was yummy! After that we went to Payless Shoes to see if we could find some for Sofia. We couldn't. When we measured her foot, she was right at a size 3, but those shoes felt a little tight. When I went to find some shoes in the next size up, they didn't have any cute ones, so I just passed on it for now. Next we went to the pet store to check out the animals. Sofia had a blast. She especially liked the kittens. Finally, we rounded out our afternoon with a trip to the grocery store. Sofia was in charge of holding a can of tomato paste, which she proceeded to drop over and over.

Today we went and visited our friends Russ and Vanessa and their little girl Genevieve. It's hard to believe how much of a difference four months really is. Sofia had fun chasing after their cats and exploring the new environment. I think all of the excitement made it hard for her to go to sleep tonight. The poor girl took about a half an hour to finally get to sleep. It's getting harder and harder for me to put her to bed. Usually I'm not home to do it, and at the same time I have a battle of feelings going on in my head. On the one hand, I'm glad she's going to sleep because I now have some free time to get things done, but on the other hand, I feel bad because usually she cries and it breaks my heart! One day it'll get easier.

No comments: