Friday, May 25, 2007

Welcome to Napville


I think we've finally got the nap thing down. Now that Sofia can sit herself down, she's been putting herself to sleep at naptime. It used to be that she would stand up and cry until someone came in and laid her back down. I think she's finally got the hang of it. I can't complain too much. She's been really good about playing and keeping herself occuppied. She'll go for a couple of hours in the morning with minimal crying (unless I stop her from doing something "fun" like pull the plugs out of the wall or eat paper.) Now that weather has turned very warm, the apartment complex opened the pool. Yesterday Sofia had her first little "dip" in the pool. We were out walking to BigLots and on the way back I thought it would be fun to put our legs in the water. We sat on the steps in the shallow end I put her down on the first step. She loved it. No crying, no fussing, just all smiles. I even put her up to her waist and she didn't mind at all. Her diaper grew to five times its normal size, but that's fine. We'll go down to the pool as soon as I get up the courage to put on my bathing suit. I bought a new one when Chelsea was here, and I really like it, but with my pale skin and psoriasis, I really need to psych myself up first.


Ryan, Sofia and I have some fun plans for the holiday weekend. Sunday we're going to Jenn and John's house for a cookout with all of my college friends. There will be another little girl close to Sofia's age, so she'll have fun. Then Monday morning, Sofia and I are marching in a parade for the library. I'm going to decorate Sofia's stroller with streamers and balloons and whatnot. Later, we're having Russ and Vanessa and their little girl Genevieve over for a small cookout. It should be fun and I'll try to remember to take pictures!

No comments: